We are looking for passionate individuals committed to the course of enabling socially disadvantage low income families and communities realise their aspirations of getting out of the poverty cycle.
This position will develop and implement an integrated communications strategy geared towards the general public, media, and including website content, social media, email newsletters, and annual report.
- Collaborate with the organisation’s leadership team to develop an annual communications plan that will increase the visibility of SCC and grow its base of supporters.
- Develop key messages that inform, educate, advocate, and influence the general public towards a paradigm shift of the low-incomes families whom we journey with.
- Ensure that key messages, brand strategy, and style guides are consistent throughout the organisation.
- Collaborate with inter-departments to design and implement organisation-wide expectations and procedures for gathering stories, photos, and other content required to support communications efforts.
- Strategise for and manage the creation of all organisational materials for key events, brochures, e- newsletters, annual report, and video content.
- Strategically utilise website and social media to increase levels of engagement with the organisation, grow its base of supporters, and provide outreach and awareness on the issue of poverty.
- Support the planning and execution of the organisation’s annual signature event with a focus on the related messaging, materials, and promotion.
- Develop media plans, establish relationships with relevant media outlets, and write press releases.
- Manage other communications and public relations activities as they arise.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of communications, marketing, or non-profit related work experience.
- Nuanced understanding of written and visual messaging.
- Excellent written communication skills and copy editing abilities required.
- Able to work collaboratively with diverse groups.
- Demonstrated commitment to the non-profit sector and social change work.
- Someone who approaches their work with initiative and creativity; experience launching new ideas or driving process improvements.
- Graphic design skills, and experience in WordPress publications, Facebook, and social media platforms a plus.
Interested candidates are invited to send in their detailed CV with expected salary to email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.